Dr. Sung Hyun Kim
Sung Hyun Kim PhD.
Ph. Degree, 2002, 08– 2006, 08.
Konkuk University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Major: Livestock animals (animal reproduction and developmental biology)
Minor: Laboratory animal (study of disease animal model)
Thesis: Overexpression of Extracellular Superoxide Dismutase (EC-SOD) in Mouse Skin Plays a Protective Role in DMBA/TPA Induced Carcinogenesis
MSDegree, 1998, 08 – 2000, 08.
Konkuk University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Major:Livestock animals (animal reproduction and developmental biology)
Thesis: In vivo gene transfer by direct injection of retroviral vector into the testis in mouse, goat and bull
BSDegree, 1992, 03 –1998, 08.
Sahmyook University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Major: Animal reproduction
Research Professor 2009,08-
Center for Laboratory Animal Resources
Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Republic of Korea
Post-doctoral researcher 2007,08-2009,08.
Hormel Institute, University of Minnesota, Austin, Minnesota, USA
Major: Stem Cells andsignaling network
Minor:Cancer and signaling network
Post-doctoral researcher 2006.09.- 2007. 05
Lab of School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology,
College of Natural Sciences,
Kyungpook National University, Daegu, 702-701, Korea
Researcher 2002.08.- 2005. 04
Department of Laboratory Animal,
School of Medicine,
The Catholic University, Seoul, 138-736, Korea
Research assistant 2000.11.- 2002. 02
Department of Laboratory Animal Medicine,
Medical Research Center, College of Medicine,
Yonsei University, Seoul, 120-752, Korea
Research area of Interest
Signaling pathway of iPS (induced pluripotency stem cells) factors in Embryonic stem cell
Cancer cell therapy using a Embryonic stem cell’s microenvironments
Production and analysis of various genetic modified or chemical induced disease animal modelsand mechanism study about disease
Identification and production of bioactive protein in transgenic mice
Study of ectopic expression and side effect in various transgenic mice or Knock out mice
Scholarships and Awards
Poster presentation: Grand prix
SH Kim, EJ Lee, MO Kim, JH Park, KI Cho, BK Jung, HC Kim, SH Hwang, HT Lee, ZY Ryoo“Characterization of Brain tumor Cell using Vasopressin-SV40 T Ag Transgenic mouse“ Korean Society of Animal Reproduction. Chuncheon, Korea 2003.
Oral presentation: Grand prix
SH Kim, MO Kim, SR Lee, DH Yu, BS Kim, CA Youn, EH Kim, KS Kim, JG Suh, HT Lee, BJ Park, TH Lee and ZY Ryoo “Overexpression of extracellular superoxide dismutase (EC-SOD) in mouse skin plays a protective role in DMBA/TPA induced carcinogenesis”Korean Society of Animal Reproduction. Korea2005.
1. Lee MH, Lim do Y, Kim MO, Lee SY, Shin SH, Kim JY,Kim SH, Kim DJ, Jung SK, Yao K, Kundu JK, Lee HS, Lee CJ, Dickinson SE, Alberts D, Bowden GT, Stratton S, Curiel C, Einspahr J, Bode AM, Surh YJ, Cho YY, Dong Z. “Genetic ablation of caspase-7 promotes solar-simulated light-induced mouse skin carcinogenesis: the involvement of keratin-17.” Carcinogenesis. 2015 Nov;36(11):1372-80.
2. Kang MC, Park SJ, Kim HJ, Lee J, Yu DH, Bae KB, Ji YR, Park SJ, Jeong J, Jang WY, Kim JH, Choi MS, Lee DS, Lee HS, Lee S,Kim SH, Kim MO, Park G, Choo YS, Cho JY, Ryoo ZY. “Gestational loss and growth restriction by angiogenic defects in placental growth factor transgenic mice.” Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2014 Oct;34(10):2276-82
3. Kim SH, Kim MO, Cho YY, Yao K, Kim DJ, Jeong CH, Yu DH, Bae KB, Cho EJ, Jung SK, Lee MH, Chen H, Kim JY, Bode AM, Dong Z. “ERK1 phosphorylates Nanog to regulate protein stability and stem cell self-renewal.” Stem Cell Res. 2014 Jul;13(1):1-11
4. Jang WY, Bae KB,Kim SH, Yu DH, Kim HJ, Ji YR, Park SJ, Park SJ, Kang MC, Jeong JI, Park SJ, Lee SG, Lee I, Kim MO, Yoon D, Ryoo ZY. “Overexpression of Jazf1 reduces body weight gain and regulates lipid metabolism in high fat diet.” Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014 Feb 14;444(3):296-301
5. Kim MO, Lee MH, Oi N,Kim SH, Bae KB, Huang Z, Kim DJ, Reddy K, Lee SY, Park SJ, Kim JY, Xie H, Kundu JK, Ryoo ZY, Bode AM, Surh YJ, Dong Z. “-shogaol inhibits growth and induces apoptosis of non-small cell lung cancer cells by directly regulating Akt1/2.” Carcinogenesis. 2014 Mar;35(3):683-91.
6. Lee MH, Huang Z, Kim DJ, Kim SH, Kim MO, Lee SY, Xie H, Park SJ, Kim JY, Kundu JK, Bode AM, Surh YJ, Dong Z. “Direct Targeting of MEK1/2 and RSK2 by Silybin Induces Cell-Cycle Arrest and Inhibits Melanoma Cell Growth.” Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2013 May;6(5):455-65.
7. Ji YR, Kim HJ, Yu DH, Bae KB, Park SJ, Yi JK, Kim N, Park SJ, Oh KB, Hwang SS, Lee S,Kim SH, Kim MO, Lee JW, Ryoo ZY.” Enforced expression of roquin protein in T cells exacerbates the incidence and severity of experimental arthritis.” J Biol Chem. 2012 Dec 7;287(50): 42269 -77.
8. Chae YM, Jin YJ, Kim HS, Gwon GJ, Sohn WJ,Kim SH, Kim MO, Lee S, Suh JY, Kim JY. " Proteome analysis of developing mice diastema region." BMB Rep. 2012 Jun;45(6):337-41.
9. Yu DH, Yi JK, Yuh HS, Park Sj, Kim HJ, Bae KB, Ji YR, Kim NR, Park SJ, Kim do H,Kim SH, Kim MO, Lee JW, Ryoo ZY. " Over-expression of extracellular superoxide dismutase in mouse synovial tissue attenuates the inflammatory arthritis." Exp Mol Med. 2012 Sep 30;44(9):529-35.
10. Kim MO,Kim SH, Cho YY, Nadas J, Jeong CH, Yao K, Kim DJ, Yu DH, Keum YS, Lee KY, Huang Z, Bode AM, Dong Z. " ERK1 and ERK2 regulate embryonic stem cell self-renewal through phosphorylation of Klf4." Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2012 Feb 5;19(3):283-90.